Saturday 9 June 2012

Window Dressings for Kitchens

I think it would be fair to say that every kitchen has a window, and therefore finding a practical and versatile window dressing is a must. Window blinds have been a staple form of window dressing for kitchens for many years and they do tick all the right boxes.

However, there's a new kid on the block (well, relatively new to the UK) and that's café or bistro styled curtains. Theses pretty curtains are inexpensive and very easy to hang, you don't even need a drill as spring loaded tension rods or net curtain rods can be used due to the lightweight fabric of café curtains.

This style of window dressing is also great for kitchen doors with glass panels as you can achieve a coordinated look. This style of cheap curtains is placed at the bottom half or bottom third, depending on how large your window are, leaving the top half (two thirds) undressed. This allows plenty of light to flood into your kitchen.

Today you can also find café curtains as part of a fully coordinated kitchen ware range, with full size curtains, valances and tie-backs being used to give you privacy at night should you need it. Teamed with matching table linen and quirky extras such as oven mitts a country cottage look is also most instantaneous.

Image: New Home Interior Design

1 comment:

  1. These curtains are pretty, but I want to be able to have privacy at night. How would that work? I've been checking out blogs about kitchen designs because I'm in the middle of redecorating my own kitchen right now. I'm using Simply Decorate as my Home Interior Design Company. Have you heard of them? Even though I work for them, I can honestly say I am so happy they are the ones guiding me through this whole process. You should check out their online room design page.

    ReplyDelete