Saturday 9 June 2012

On-Trend Bed in a Bag


We all love new interior design ideas and trends that's why I like to share my finds with you! I've heard about a bed in a bag, and I've also heard differing views and opinions on them, so I thought I'd investigate, do a little research and share my findings with you.
The basics:
A bed in a bag isn't an actual bed, nor is it a pump-up (inflatable bed). The term 'bed in a bag' is used to denote the bedding that is needed to make (or dress) a bed. In other words the bag includes a duvet cover, matching pillow slips and in some instances bed runners.
Pros and cons:
I also found that a bed in a bag isn't solely bedding for children, double bedding sets are also available. While some pooh-pooh the concept I can see why having all the bedding items stored in a bag can be very handy. Let me explain, in the past most houses had a airing cupboard, where linen and bedding were stored (and of course aired), however, many of today's modern houses don't have airing cupboards so there is a problem of where to store bedding when it's not being used. As a result of lack of storage space each separate item of bedding can easily be separated – (a bit like always finding an 'odd' sock!) - this is where a bed in a bag comes into its own as all the items are stored together in a handy bag which can save on valuable storage space and keep everything together. To be honest I can't think of any cons or disadvantages of using them.
Conclusion:
I think the bed in a bag concept is ingenious and certainly saves you trying to find matching bedding for guests or when you do the laundry – all in all I give a bed in a bag the thumbs up!
Image: Blog Styleathome

No comments:

Post a Comment